| Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
|Developer(s)||38 Studios, Big Huge Games|
|Series||Kingdoms of Amalur|
|Platform(s)||Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Windows|
|Release date(s)||07 Feb 2012|
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, KoA:R or just Reckoning, is 38 Studios first officially released game as a game design company.
This single-player roleplaying game video game or (RPG) takes place in the world of Amalur, an original world created by fantasy author
and one of 38 Studios visionaries R.A. Salvatore. This world was then brought to life by 38 Studiosother visionaries, those such
as world-renowned comic book and toy creator Todd McFarlane and designed by internationally celebrated computer and board
game designer Ken Rolstonand audio by Grant Kirkhope.
This is the first exposure to a growing intellectual property soon to include the Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game (MMORPG) codenamed Copernicus.
Reckoning takes place during the Age of Arcana, a time when magic is freshly returning to the world of Amalur after a long absence. A war is taking place between a group of unseelie Fae, an immortal race called the Tuatha, and the mortal races of men and elves. Reckoning is set 2000 years prior to Copernicus, in the geographic region call the Faelands. This is a smaller discovered portion of a much larger world. There is a day time and night time cycle which is reflected by it's citizens.
Your story in Reckoning begins when you awaken after having died or been killed, then unbeknownst to you, your body was placed into the Well of Souls. After awakening you see that you're body was used and discarded as just another failed experiment and thrown into a pile of other corpses, you claw your way out to find yourself in a cavern. You don't know who you are, you don't know how you've died, and you certainly don't know how you came back. You walk forward and are greeted by the architect of your resurrection, a gnome who goes by the name of Fomorous Hugues. You now start your adventure into finding out just how you ended up being the first Fateless One.
- Quests -- Information on the quests that can be embarked upon in Reckoning.
- Abilities -- The various abilities you can unlock as you level up.
- Destinies -- Choose your path and your destiny and determine what bonuses your character gets.
- Leveling -- Information on leveling up in Reckoning.
- Races -- The player and NPC races featured in Reckoning.
- Skills -- The various skills that your character can develop and use.
- Statistics -- Miscellaneous information about what your character has done during their adventure.
- Twists of Fate -- Listings of all the Twists of Fate in Reckoning.
- Crafting -- Information and resources on crafting in Reckoning.
- Creatures -- From Animals to Fae to Monsters, a catalog of the creatures of Amalur.
- Curses -- Curses found in Reckoning, and their effects.
- Moves -- Various attack combinations can be found in Reckoning depending upon what weapon you use.
- Factions -- Factions that can be joined while playing Reckoning.
- Lorestones -- Lorestones are where the lore of Amalur can be found. They can also provide bonuses.
- People -- Information about the citizens of Amalur.
- Places -- Information about the locations in Reckoning.
- System Requirements -- PC version minimum and recommended system requirements.
Previews, Pre-Release Information, & Reviews
- Concept Art -- Concept art for Reckoning released prior to release.
- Developer Q&A -- Developer Q&A sessions prior to Reckoning's release.